The State Street Project will:
- Develop an adaptable design for future street use patterns and activities
- Improve mobility and equitable access
- Enhance streetscape and the pedestrian experience
- Improve loading, drop off, and other curb side uses
- Increase safety at crossings
- Increase stormwater capacity and be sustainable
State Street is one of the most diverse downtown streets and the heart of the State Street District. We want to strengthen this street as a destination and ensure it serves the diverse needs of the neighborhood.
The Ann Arbor DDA is funding this project and will work closely with the City of Ann Arbor, downtown businesses, residents, visitors, and other stakeholders.
Questions about this project should be directed to Amber Miller at the Ann Arbor DDA or 734-994-6697.
State Street from E. Washington to E. William.
This project is scheduled to begin in the spring of 2022.
Follow us on social media to stay in the loop